Are you suffering from High Shopping Cart Abandonment Rate because of a poor checkout process?
A thoughtfully designed checkout process can radically improve conversions – turning visitors into buyers and tempt them into completing the purchase without abandoning their shopping carts midway.
I have designed this infographic to share with you 40 easy ways to build the best checkout process and lower shopping.
Download the Printable Version of this Infographic to Build the Best Checkout Process.
Data for Infographic on How to Build the Best Checkout Process
Biggest Ecommerce Checkout Page Challenge
- 67.75% Shopping Cart Abandonment Rate
- $4 Trillion Worth of Abandoned Merchandise
Major Reasons for High Shopping Cart Abandonment Rate
- Unexpected shipping costs. (28%)
- Compulsory Account Registration. (23%)
- Payment Security Concerns. (13%)
- Confusing Layout & Functionality. (12%)
- Unavailability of Promo Codes (8%)
Components of a Checkout Process
A Checkout Process is all About 4 Major Components:
How to Optimize Your Checkout Process for Maximum Conversion?
Fine-tune your checkout process and you’ll be able to make your customers fall in love with your ecommerce brand. Below are some of the best ways to optimize your checkout process:
Checkout Page Design Optimization:
Major Challenges for Checkout Page design Optimization:
- Once your checkout page loads, users form an opinion in .05 seconds.
- The average checkout process consists of 5.08 steps.
- Nearly 24% Sites require account registration for purchase.
- The average top 100 checkouts violate 33% of the checkout usability guidelines.
- 44% Decrease in usability on sites grossing more than $1 billion
Solutions for Checkout Page Design Challenges:
- Design Visual Checkout Indicator
- Place Visible Checkout Buttons
- Implement Live Chat Support
- Provide Save To Cart
- Distinguish Button Colors
- Don’t Necessitate Sign Up
- Allow Print & Email Cart Content
- Offer Wish List
- Don’t Force Exit Surveys
- Have A Return Policy
- Furnish Review Order Details
Product Optimization to Optimize Checkout Page Design:
- 85% read online reviews before making a purchase.
- 67% customers read 6 reviews or less.
- It takes 12 positive customer reviews to nullify one negative experience.
- 25% customers leave a site due to inaccurate product details.
- 57% customers abandon a site if the web page or images take more than 3 second to load.
- Display Product Summary
- Add Bigger Images
- Ensure 360-Degree Product View
- Embed Product Videos
- Include Taglines
- Decrease Load Time
- List Recommendations
- Add Reviews & Ratings
- Place Availability Indicator
- Allow Back Order
- Social Share for Social Proof
Payment Optimization for Optimizing Checkout Page and Reducing Shopping Cart Abandonment
- 57% visitors don’t prefer shopping without coupon code.
- 59% shoppers abandon the shopping cart if their preferred payment option isn’t available.
- 40% customers would have more confidence in an online shop that has more than one payment method.
- 56% shoppers abandon their carts if presented with unexpected cost.
- 17% customers remain concerned about payment security.
- Provide Multiple Payment Options
- Offers Discounts & Deals
- Minimize Coupon Code Box
- Was $X, Now $Y
- You Saved $X
- Offer Product Financing
- Carefully Place Discounted Items
- Offer Total Order Value
- Eliminate Hidden Charges
- Try to Upsell
- Have a Return Policy
- Ensure Security Seals
How can Shipping Optimization improve Checkout Process and Reduce Shopping Cart Abandonment?
- 54% consumers say they consider shipping charges when making online purchase decisions.
- 44% shoppers abandon the shopping cart due to heavy shipping charges.
- 53% customers switch retailers due to low shipping charges.
- 24% shoppers believe same day delivery is important.
- Free shipping (83%) continues to be the top reason consumers say they would shop more online.
- Provide Multiple Shipping Options
- Specify Estimated Shipping Date
- Offer Free Shipping
- Try Free Shipping With Conditions
- Provide Tracking Number
- Have a Shipping Policy